- WTF twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 10 hours ago
- Nice I love D3! gag.gl/eK0juj 22 hours ago
- RT @blackgirltech: If you're a Black woman & want to learn how to code but need some financial help, you should apply for the https://t.co/… 1 day ago
- Louie is growing so fast! https://t.co/hfvOqScGp3 1 day ago
- RT @vibronet: Open standards should be table stakes for everyone - but won’t be enough to save you from vendor lock-in https://t.co/TbMebtG… 1 day ago
South Sound .Net Meeting Nov. 13: MVC with Chris Tavares
November 10, 2008Posted by on
Please join us on Thursday, November 13th for a presentation on MVC by Chris Tavares.
The ASP.NET Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework is a new web development framework that sits next to the existing ASP.NET WebForms framework. Rather than attempting to abstract away the Web, MVC embraces the web programming model. The result is a very different experience for writing web applications on the .NET platform. In this talk, we’ll look at what the MVC framework is, the basics of how to use it, why it exists, and how to decide whether to use it (or not).
Chris is a developer on the Microsoft patterns & practices team. He started his obsession with computers in third grade with an actual teletype taking to a mainframe. The job has gotten rather easier since. He’s worked in embedded systems, shrink wrap software, developer tools, consulting, and as a developer trainer before joining Microsoft. His current projects are as dev lead / architect for Microsoft’s Enterprise Library, and consulting software designer on the ASP.NET MVC framework.
November 13th, 7 – 9 PM
Olympia Center (222 Columbia NW)
All attendees are eligible for the prize drawings. Past prizes have included technical books, passes to Devscovery, copies of Visual Studio, Vista, Office 2007 and more.
Don’t forget to let your friends and co-workers know about this meeting. Feel free to forward this email and/or direct them to www.ssdotnet.org for more information.