- 25 hours to Bariloche, but the views are worth it. https://t.co/7W7cN2t1sm 22 hours ago
- RT @SaintGimp: GWB: "No democracy pretends to be a tyranny. Most tyrannies pretend to be democracies. Democracy remains definition of polit… 2 days ago
- Seattle, WA ✈️ Atlanta, GA ✈️ Buenos Aires, Argentina ✈️ San Carlos de Baroloche, Argentina #AdventureTime @nodeconfar we are on our way! 2 days ago
- RT @aaronpk: Super happy to announce that my book "OAuth 2.0 Simplified" is now available! oauth2simplified.com 3 days ago
- RT @GraceStarling4: For those carrying their #MeToo with them silently, you are loved, cherished, and believed. You do not owe your story t… 4 days ago
South Sound .Net Meeting Nov. 13: MVC with Chris Tavares
November 10, 2008Posted by on
Please join us on Thursday, November 13th for a presentation on MVC by Chris Tavares.
The ASP.NET Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework is a new web development framework that sits next to the existing ASP.NET WebForms framework. Rather than attempting to abstract away the Web, MVC embraces the web programming model. The result is a very different experience for writing web applications on the .NET platform. In this talk, we’ll look at what the MVC framework is, the basics of how to use it, why it exists, and how to decide whether to use it (or not).
Chris is a developer on the Microsoft patterns & practices team. He started his obsession with computers in third grade with an actual teletype taking to a mainframe. The job has gotten rather easier since. He’s worked in embedded systems, shrink wrap software, developer tools, consulting, and as a developer trainer before joining Microsoft. His current projects are as dev lead / architect for Microsoft’s Enterprise Library, and consulting software designer on the ASP.NET MVC framework.
November 13th, 7 – 9 PM
Olympia Center (222 Columbia NW)
All attendees are eligible for the prize drawings. Past prizes have included technical books, passes to Devscovery, copies of Visual Studio, Vista, Office 2007 and more.
Don’t forget to let your friends and co-workers know about this meeting. Feel free to forward this email and/or direct them to www.ssdotnet.org for more information.