- Bought a vanity domain earlier this week from @dnsimple and now my phone is blowing up with solicitors, scammers, a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- Big news. twitter.com/auth0/status/9… 13 hours ago
- It seems that all technical advice boils down to "Stop, Think, Execute, Verify." Skip any one item on the list and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hey, @shanselman I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to be a g… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hey, @ShawnWildermuth I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Overkill or Useless: You Decide!
January 30, 2009Posted by on
Here is the gist of what I was trying to accomplish. Please excuse the VB.. it’s not by choice. 8)
Basically the page I was working on has a set of switch statements based on string literals which annoys me.. So I was messing around with a way to use Enumerations to represent my commands. But the commands come back as strings from the various page controls.. So I was looking at a way to generically re-map back to the command Enumeration.
Private Function GetCommand(Of T)(ByVal commandName As String) As T Return CType([Enum].Parse(GetType(T), commandName), T) End Function Protected Enum GridCommand CompetencySelect FormSelect Sort End Enum Public Overrides Sub Grid_Commands(ByVal source As Object, _ ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs) _ Handles CompetencyData.ItemCommand, FormData.ItemCommand If Page_Save() Then Select Case GetCommand(Of GridCommand)(e.CommandName) Case GridCommand.CompetencySelect NavigateToCompetencySelection( _ CInt(CompetencyData.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex)), _ CompetencyData.ID) Case GridCommand.FormSelect NavigateToFormSelection( _ CInt(FormData.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex)), _ FormData.ID) End Select End If End Sub