- RT @mattyglesias: Look, just because Sessions hasn't actually been convicted of a crime is no reason we can't start seizing his property no… 8 hours ago
- Wow #DUNKIRK was pretty amazing. Go see it. 12 hours ago
- RT @FullFrontalSamB: “Sean Spicer crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can’t even imagine…” https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @dotnetkicks: Creating a GitHub Issues Autoresponder using Webask.io by @NotMyself dotnetkicks.com/r/253540?url=h… #dotnet via @DotNetKicks 1 day ago
- RT @databozo: Doing a thing for school. If you have a kid and use(d) formula, mind taking a survey? surveymonkey.com/r/XHKFN6S 2 days ago
Overkill or Useless: You Decide!
January 30, 2009Posted by on
Here is the gist of what I was trying to accomplish. Please excuse the VB.. it’s not by choice. 8)
Basically the page I was working on has a set of switch statements based on string literals which annoys me.. So I was messing around with a way to use Enumerations to represent my commands. But the commands come back as strings from the various page controls.. So I was looking at a way to generically re-map back to the command Enumeration.
Private Function GetCommand(Of T)(ByVal commandName As String) As T Return CType([Enum].Parse(GetType(T), commandName), T) End Function Protected Enum GridCommand CompetencySelect FormSelect Sort End Enum Public Overrides Sub Grid_Commands(ByVal source As Object, _ ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs) _ Handles CompetencyData.ItemCommand, FormData.ItemCommand If Page_Save() Then Select Case GetCommand(Of GridCommand)(e.CommandName) Case GridCommand.CompetencySelect NavigateToCompetencySelection( _ CInt(CompetencyData.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex)), _ CompetencyData.ID) Case GridCommand.FormSelect NavigateToFormSelection( _ CInt(FormData.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex)), _ FormData.ID) End Select End If End Sub