- WTF twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 10 hours ago
- Nice I love D3! gag.gl/eK0juj 22 hours ago
- RT @blackgirltech: If you're a Black woman & want to learn how to code but need some financial help, you should apply for the https://t.co/… 1 day ago
- Louie is growing so fast! https://t.co/hfvOqScGp3 1 day ago
- RT @vibronet: Open standards should be table stakes for everyone - but won’t be enough to save you from vendor lock-in https://t.co/TbMebtG… 1 day ago
Overkill or Useless: You Decide!
January 30, 2009Posted by on
Here is the gist of what I was trying to accomplish. Please excuse the VB.. it’s not by choice. 8)
Basically the page I was working on has a set of switch statements based on string literals which annoys me.. So I was messing around with a way to use Enumerations to represent my commands. But the commands come back as strings from the various page controls.. So I was looking at a way to generically re-map back to the command Enumeration.
Private Function GetCommand(Of T)(ByVal commandName As String) As T Return CType([Enum].Parse(GetType(T), commandName), T) End Function Protected Enum GridCommand CompetencySelect FormSelect Sort End Enum Public Overrides Sub Grid_Commands(ByVal source As Object, _ ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs) _ Handles CompetencyData.ItemCommand, FormData.ItemCommand If Page_Save() Then Select Case GetCommand(Of GridCommand)(e.CommandName) Case GridCommand.CompetencySelect NavigateToCompetencySelection( _ CInt(CompetencyData.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex)), _ CompetencyData.ID) Case GridCommand.FormSelect NavigateToFormSelection( _ CInt(FormData.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex)), _ FormData.ID) End Select End If End Sub