- WTF twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 10 hours ago
- Nice I love D3! gag.gl/eK0juj 22 hours ago
- RT @blackgirltech: If you're a Black woman & want to learn how to code but need some financial help, you should apply for the https://t.co/… 1 day ago
- Louie is growing so fast! https://t.co/hfvOqScGp3 1 day ago
- RT @vibronet: Open standards should be table stakes for everyone - but won’t be enough to save you from vendor lock-in https://t.co/TbMebtG… 1 day ago
First Draft Outline for Portland Code Camp Presentation on nHibernate
April 25, 2009Posted by on
For whatever sadistic reason, I signed up to give not one, but two, presentations at the upcoming Portland Code Camp. I have also made a commitment to Chris Bilson to come up to Tacoma to present on nHibernate in support of the Lunch Time Speakers Group. So in an effort to kill two birds with one stone, I sat down today and whipped up a outline of what I intend to present. Your thoughts, comments, suggestions & ridicule are welcome.
Introduction to ORM with nHibernate
What is ORM?
- Object/Relational Impedance Mismatch
- What Do I Need To Get Started?
- Mapping Part I: Class Map XML
- Conﬁguration Part I: How Do I Connect to My Database?
- nHibernate Conﬁg ﬁle
- web.conﬁg or app.conﬁg
- Unit of Work Pattern
A Better Way
- Mapping Part II: ClassMap<T> For the Win!
- Mapping Part III: AutoMapping Using Conventions
- Overriding for Special Cases
- Conﬁguration Part II: The Fluent Conﬁguration API
- Hibernate Query Language (HQL): Just Say No
- Criteria API
- The New Hotness: Linq to nHibernate
Tricks of the Trade
- Generating Schema From The Object Model
- Updating Schema When The Objects Change
- Integration Tests That Validate Your Mappings
- Using SQLLite To Make BDD Style Tests Lightening Fast
- nhibernate in action from Manning