- Bought a vanity domain earlier this week from @dnsimple and now my phone is blowing up with solicitors, scammers, a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- Big news. twitter.com/auth0/status/9… 13 hours ago
- It seems that all technical advice boils down to "Stop, Think, Execute, Verify." Skip any one item on the list and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hey, @shanselman I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to be a g… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hey, @ShawnWildermuth I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
First Draft Outline for Portland Code Camp Presentation on nHibernate
April 25, 2009Posted by on
For whatever sadistic reason, I signed up to give not one, but two, presentations at the upcoming Portland Code Camp. I have also made a commitment to Chris Bilson to come up to Tacoma to present on nHibernate in support of the Lunch Time Speakers Group. So in an effort to kill two birds with one stone, I sat down today and whipped up a outline of what I intend to present. Your thoughts, comments, suggestions & ridicule are welcome.
Introduction to ORM with nHibernate
What is ORM?
- Object/Relational Impedance Mismatch
- What Do I Need To Get Started?
- Mapping Part I: Class Map XML
- Conﬁguration Part I: How Do I Connect to My Database?
- nHibernate Conﬁg ﬁle
- web.conﬁg or app.conﬁg
- Unit of Work Pattern
A Better Way
- Mapping Part II: ClassMap<T> For the Win!
- Mapping Part III: AutoMapping Using Conventions
- Overriding for Special Cases
- Conﬁguration Part II: The Fluent Conﬁguration API
- Hibernate Query Language (HQL): Just Say No
- Criteria API
- The New Hotness: Linq to nHibernate
Tricks of the Trade
- Generating Schema From The Object Model
- Updating Schema When The Objects Change
- Integration Tests That Validate Your Mappings
- Using SQLLite To Make BDD Style Tests Lightening Fast
- nhibernate in action from Manning