- It seems that all technical advice boils down to "Stop, Think, Execute, Verify." Skip any one item on the list and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Hey, @shanselman I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to be a g… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- Hey, @ShawnWildermuth I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- Dealing w/Imposter Syndrome: Push through and do what the little voice in the back of your mind says you can't do.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- Hey, @kyleshevlin my friend @gblock said he has a good story for you. Should he just add himself to the list? github.com/kyleshevlin/se… 18 hours ago
South Sound .NET Presents: Chris Tavares on Moving Forward with Enterprise Library 5
April 5, 2010Posted by on
The South Sound .NET User Group is proud to announce an evening with Chris Tavares this coming Thursday night. The meeting will be held at our usual time of 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the Olympia Center (222 Columbia NW, Rm 101).
Chris Tavares is a senior developer on the Microsoft patterns & practices team, where he is the dev lead for Enterprise Library. He’s been a professional developer for almost 20 years at this point and a hobbyist for longer than that. Unable to settle down, he’s done embedded systems, Unix software, desktop software, middle tier stuff, and even a tiny (really tiny) bit of work on a mainframe back in the mists of prehistory. These days, he’s happiest working on the .NET platform, and helping other developers learn their way around this vast collection of useful libraries and functionality.
Enterprise Library is a popular offering from Microsoft patterns & practices that offers relief from the tedium of implementing many important, but non-functional, requirements of enterprise software. In this talk, we’ll take a brief look at what’s in Enterprise Library, then dig into the new and interesting bits to be included in the soon-to-be-released Enterprise Library 5.
As usual there will be a give away at the end of our meeting. Attendees will have a chance to win books, software and other fabulous items from our grab bag of swag. Everyone will walk away with a one month free subscription to TekPub, our newest sponsor. And one lucky participant will walk out with a one year TekPub subscription.
Hope to see you there!