- WTF twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 10 hours ago
- Nice I love D3! gag.gl/eK0juj 22 hours ago
- RT @blackgirltech: If you're a Black woman & want to learn how to code but need some financial help, you should apply for the https://t.co/… 1 day ago
- Louie is growing so fast! https://t.co/hfvOqScGp3 1 day ago
- RT @vibronet: Open standards should be table stakes for everyone - but won’t be enough to save you from vendor lock-in https://t.co/TbMebtG… 1 day ago
Are You of South Asian Descent?
October 7, 2011Posted by on
As a professional software developer, I have worked with many folks over the years whose families came from or are still in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, and Sri Lanka. If you happen to be one and you read my blog please consider becoming a bone marrow donor. For this particular segment of society the odds of finding a marrow donor are 1 in 20,000. You can help change that, here are a few ways to help:
1. If you’re South Asian, get a free test by mail. You rub your cheeks with a cotton swab and mail it back. It’s easy.
3. If you know any South Asians, please point ’em to the links above. Thank you.
Portions of this post were taken from this BoingBoing post.