- Bought a vanity domain earlier this week from @dnsimple and now my phone is blowing up with solicitors, scammers, a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- Big news. twitter.com/auth0/status/9… 13 hours ago
- It seems that all technical advice boils down to "Stop, Think, Execute, Verify." Skip any one item on the list and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hey, @shanselman I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to be a g… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hey, @ShawnWildermuth I recently interviewed on @2ndCareerDevs and think it turned out really well. Would love to b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Are You of South Asian Descent?
October 7, 2011Posted by on
As a professional software developer, I have worked with many folks over the years whose families came from or are still in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, and Sri Lanka. If you happen to be one and you read my blog please consider becoming a bone marrow donor. For this particular segment of society the odds of finding a marrow donor are 1 in 20,000. You can help change that, here are a few ways to help:
1. If you’re South Asian, get a free test by mail. You rub your cheeks with a cotton swab and mail it back. It’s easy.
3. If you know any South Asians, please point ’em to the links above. Thank you.
Portions of this post were taken from this BoingBoing post.