- RT @mattyglesias: Look, just because Sessions hasn't actually been convicted of a crime is no reason we can't start seizing his property no… 8 hours ago
- Wow #DUNKIRK was pretty amazing. Go see it. 12 hours ago
- RT @FullFrontalSamB: “Sean Spicer crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can’t even imagine…” https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @dotnetkicks: Creating a GitHub Issues Autoresponder using Webask.io by @NotMyself dotnetkicks.com/r/253540?url=h… #dotnet via @DotNetKicks 1 day ago
- RT @databozo: Doing a thing for school. If you have a kid and use(d) formula, mind taking a survey? surveymonkey.com/r/XHKFN6S 2 days ago
Glenn Block Node.js on Windows Azure Video
March 9, 2012Posted by on
If I told you that you can build node.js applications in Windows Azure would you believe me? Come to this session and I’ll show you how. You’ll see how take those existing node apps and easily deploy them to Windows Azure from any platform. You’ll see how you can make yours node apps more robust by leveraging Azure services like storage and service bus, all of which are available in our new “azure” npm module. You’ll also see how to take advantage of cool tools like socket.io for WebSockets, node-inspector for debugging and Cloud9 for an awesome online development experience.
Glenn is a PM at Microsoft working on support for node.js in Windows and Azure. Glenn has a breadth of experience both both inside and outside Microsoft developing software solutions for ISVs and the enterprise. Glenn has been a passionate supporter of open source and has been active in involving folks from the community in the development of software at Microsoft. This has included shipping products under open source licenses, as well as assisting other teams looking to do so. Glenn is also a lover of community and a frequent speaker at local and international events and user groups.