- 25 hours to Bariloche, but the views are worth it. https://t.co/7W7cN2t1sm 22 hours ago
- RT @SaintGimp: GWB: "No democracy pretends to be a tyranny. Most tyrannies pretend to be democracies. Democracy remains definition of polit… 2 days ago
- Seattle, WA ✈️ Atlanta, GA ✈️ Buenos Aires, Argentina ✈️ San Carlos de Baroloche, Argentina #AdventureTime @nodeconfar we are on our way! 2 days ago
- RT @aaronpk: Super happy to announce that my book "OAuth 2.0 Simplified" is now available! oauth2simplified.com 3 days ago
- RT @GraceStarling4: For those carrying their #MeToo with them silently, you are loved, cherished, and believed. You do not owe your story t… 4 days ago
Glenn Block Node.js on Windows Azure Video
March 9, 2012Posted by on
If I told you that you can build node.js applications in Windows Azure would you believe me? Come to this session and I’ll show you how. You’ll see how take those existing node apps and easily deploy them to Windows Azure from any platform. You’ll see how you can make yours node apps more robust by leveraging Azure services like storage and service bus, all of which are available in our new “azure” npm module. You’ll also see how to take advantage of cool tools like socket.io for WebSockets, node-inspector for debugging and Cloud9 for an awesome online development experience.
Glenn is a PM at Microsoft working on support for node.js in Windows and Azure. Glenn has a breadth of experience both both inside and outside Microsoft developing software solutions for ISVs and the enterprise. Glenn has been a passionate supporter of open source and has been active in involving folks from the community in the development of software at Microsoft. This has included shipping products under open source licenses, as well as assisting other teams looking to do so. Glenn is also a lover of community and a frequent speaker at local and international events and user groups.